Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Buttermilk Pie

I've made this pie so many times, so I was surprised when I  realized I didn't have it on this blog!  Great, moist pie with a different flavor.  And what I love best, is that it forms it's own crust.  This is one of Paula Deen's recipes from Foodnetwork.com.  This is also a very EASY, QUICK recipe to put together.  Pretty much need to just allow for the cooking time!

Ingredients:

1 1/2 C sugar
1 C buttermilk
1/2 C biscuit mix (recommended: Bisquick)
1/3 C (5 1/3 T) butter, melted
1 t pure vanilla extract
3 eggs

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Grease a 9-inch pie pan.

Put all ingredients in a bowl and blend for 1 minute with a  handheld electric mixer.  Pour mixture into prepared pan.  Bake for about 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.  Cool for 5 minutes.  (I prefer it refrigerated)

No comments: