Friday, March 20, 2009

Cream Cheese Frosting

I am becoming a huge fan of Alton Brown's recipes (foodnetwork.com)!  Everything of his that I have tried has been great!  This recipe is pretty basic, and I don't know if it was the sifted sugar or using the paddle attachment (both techniques I haven't used in the past), but this is the best frosting I have ever made!  I have used it on a few different things, and it works out great every time!

INGREDIENTS:

8 oz cream cheese
2 oz unsalted butter, room temperature
1 t vanilla extract
9 oz powdered sugar, sifted, appx. 2 cups

DIRECTIONS:

In the bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment, combine the cream cheese and butter on medium until just blended.  Add the vanilla until just combined.  With the speed on low, add the powdered sugar in 4 batches and beat until smooth between each addition.

Place the frosting in the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes before using.

Yields:  Approximately 2 cups.

No comments: