Monday, May 12, 2008

Classic Creme Brulee

Recipe from Tiffany Grady. It always surprises me that such a simple recipe is so darn good!!!! Everyone I make this for loves it! Makes Four 1/2 Cup Servings:


















2 C Heavy Cream
4 Egg Yolks
1/4 C sugar
1 t High Quality Vanilla
8 t Brown Sugar

Preheat oven to 300. Have pot of hot water ready. In saucepan over medium, combine cream and 1/4 C sugar. Cook until steam rises (4-5 minutes). In bowl, beat egg yolks and vanilla. Pour a small amount of cream into eggs and whisk. Add remaining cream. Pour into 4 ramekin dishes. Put dishes into casserole dish and fill with hot water halfway up ramekins. Bake covered with foil 60 minutes. Remove and chill 3 hours. Sprinkle brown sugar on top and put 2-3 inches under broiler-WATCH CLOSELY-until sugar melts. Chill. Serve with fruit and powdered sugar, or alone.

2 comments:

Amber, Bryan, Easton, and Rufus said...

Ooh la la. I am going to trying this one soon. Yum!!!

Juli said...

Sooooooo good. You were awesome to make it for us. I'm eating this for my birthday - since I hate cake.